A FREE resource to explain pay to your employees!
As the leader in payroll training, the American Payroll Association supports payroll professionals nationwide.
We offer resources such as industry publications, on demand webinars, and networking opportunities that you can use to strengthen your payroll knowledge and skills.
Understanding Your Pay, sponsored by Wisely® Pay by ADP, is an easy-to-read primer on payroll basics. This is a perfect resource to reference when you, someone on your team, or fellow employees have paycheck questions.
Inside the eBook is more information on the following:
- Key forms, including:
• Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
• 2021 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate
• 2021 Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement
- Paycheck basics
• When and how employees are paid
• Benefits of direct deposit
- Exempt vs. nonexempt status
- Calculating overtime
- Handling tips
- Pay stubs and taxes
- How to calculate federal income tax withholding using
the wage bracket method and the percentage method
- Pre-tax and after-tax deductions
- Workplace rights and responsibilities